2005-12-19

Avant Browser

For a little over a month now, I've been using "Avant Browser" - a "wrapper" of sorts around Internet Explorer. I saw it, got curious, and tried it. I suppose Firefox can do much of the same (or more, depending on extensions), but I just like the way Avant Browser does things. One thing I really find useful is the "Groups" function - take a bunch of websites, throw them in a Group, and then you can open one or all of the sites in the group. It's a bit like "Favorites, evolved". I used to set up batch files that would spawn 20-30 web pages each in its own instance of iexplore.exe. That was slow and tedious to maintain. Avant Browser makes it easy. There are plenty of other features as well, but I'm sure it's been covered in depth elsewhere. It works, and that's all there is to it.

No comments: